Your privacy is very important to us. GBC Trading B.V. is committed to respecting the privacy of all that visit to this website.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
As part of the buying and selling process, we collect the business and personal information that you give to us when you submit and application or when your register online, purchase something from any of our webstores, purchase over the telephone or enter our competitions and surveys. This includes;
- Your full name and personal details including home address, billing address, email address, telephone and mobile numbers
- Names, job titles, qualifications, experience, and email addresses of your staff as supplied by your company
- Anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your Postcode, age, gender, preferences
- Business details including company name, shipping and billing address, registered business address, telephone and mobile numbers and email address
- Company Bank Account Details, VAT number, Registration Number
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, geographic region, access times and referring website addresses
- Online targeted marketing preferences through third parties such as Facebook, Instagram and Google
- In some cases we request Trade References from you. It is your responsibility to ensure you have consent to provide these contact details.
We use this information to manage your account, support and process your order, authentication, processing of payments and marketing (unless you have opted out).
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP IT FOR?
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
In all cases, our need to use your personal information will be reassessed on a regular basis, and information which is no longer required for any purposes will be disposed of.
WHO DO WE SHARE IT WITH?
We share your information with the following business partners who will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- E-commerce platform providers which allow you to place orders and make payments online
- Our CRM Business Software provider to enable us to process your orders and manage your account
- Our IT service providers when it is necessary for them to support our internal IT issues
- Our Warehousing and Operations team who are responsible for Picking & Packing your order
- Couriers and Postal Services to help deliver our products to you
- Our Payment Gateway Provider if they are used when completing your transaction, who we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and to verify your identity.
- Our Accounting software to keep our records correct and accurate for business and tax filing
- Anyone else where you have given consent for or as required by Regulators and the law
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user
- In the case of Business Transfers. Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
Whilst we will take all reasonable steps to protect and secure your personal data, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any messages transmitted between you and us via email as these are potentially accessible by others. We will not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss relating to any email message sent by you to us or by us to you.
We know how much trust you place in us when you share your personal data. Because of that we place great importance on the security of your personal information and will always take appropriate precautions to protect it.
This website and the "checkout" pages on our webstores use industry standard software protection for secure financial transactions such as PCI DSS and SSL Certification. Your personal information such as your credit card number, name, and address, is securely encrypted so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. We never hold your credit card details on our website or in our own records, this information is processed directly by our Payment Gateway Provider.
Even with all these precautions, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us online and you must understand that you do so at your own risk.
We take care to protect your personal information. We take steps to ensure that access to personal information is restricted to employees who need it and that all employees who handle personal information are fully trained and kept up-to-date on our data management, security and privacy practices. Our employees are notified and reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure your information is protected
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION ACROSS BORDERS
The internet works as a global environment. This means that using it to collect and process personal data often involves the international transmission of data including outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
Our third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, are located in or have facilities that are located in a different country or territory to the UK. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of one of our third-party service providers, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Your personal data is protected under applicable laws such as the European Commission Data Adequacy or they are certified with the international Privacy Shield Framework.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE DATA PROTECTION LAW
You retain all rights to your Personal Information and can request access to it at any time (please note that these rights don’t apply in all circumstances and that the date portability is only relevant from May 2018)
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data if there are compelling legitimate grounds. You may also object to your use of personal data for marketing purposes using the process set out in the section headed “Marketing”
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data (“data portability”), and,
- Rights in relation to automated decision making including profiling - In the unlikely circumstances that we process information about you on a purely automated basis that has a significant impact on you, we shall give you the opportunity to discuss the output of such processing before making those decisions (save to the extent otherwise permitted under applicable law).
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us, or write to us at the following address;
GBC Trading B.V.
Subject Access Request
1043 GR Amsterdam
On receipt of a Subject Access Request, we may require additional documentation or information from you to verify that the Personal Information you are requesting does relate to you. Once we have verified your identity, we will provide you with the information we hold about you within 30 calendar days.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
- A "cookie" is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
- If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
- Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. [We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.]
- Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
PERSONAL DATA BREACH
In the case of a personal data breach (including electronic media, paper records and inappropriate access to information), where personal data is lost, compromised, misdirected or stolen, we will contact you without undue delay to explain what went wrong and what actions have been taken to fix it.
Provided you have given us consent, we would like to send you information about products, services or educational content which may be of interest to you.
We’ll use your home address, company address, phone numbers, email address or social media to contact you according to your preferences. If after you have “opted – in”, you choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, by updating your communications preferences while signed into your account on our website, or contacting us by email or by writing to us at;
GBC Trading B.V.
1043 GR Amsterdam
In the case of social media messages, you can manage these via the social media platform.
We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent or otherwise provide personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.